7 Jul 2014

Dress Polka Dot This Summer!



Polka Dot...what a funny name for such a simple pattern! But, do you know its origin? Polka was originally the name of a dance that became very popular throughout Europe and the Americas, during the 19th century. Polka Clubs  chose dotted fitted jackets as uniforms  for its female members. Because of the dance popularity, many manufacturers started creating products and naming them after it. This is how the dotted pattern itself became known as Polka Dot. I personally love this pattern design: it is so simple, fun and feminine!

About two weeks ago I shared a picture of myself wearing this outfit at the beach on my Instagram and a few days after I got notified that the same picture was published by the Tunisian fashion magazine Femmes de Tunisie. That was so much appreciated! So, I thought I'd  give you a brief description of the outfit and suggest you how to dress Polka Dot this summer.

I sometimes like to spend the weekends in my other beach house in a very small village, away from the city where I currently live. For the occasion, I started rummaging through my old wardrobe and accidentally found this Polka Dot silk dress by Denny Rose, which I combined with these platform leather sandals from Oasis and my beautiful green and blue striped beach bag by Polo Ralph Lauren. That’s how I got this lovely summer look. You can try a simple Polka Dot shirt or crop-top and wear it with a pair of high waist Denim shorts.




I am wearing:
Silk Polka Dot Shirt Dress Denny Rose
Beach Bag Polo Ralph Lauren
Leather Sandals Oasis
Sunglasses Céline
Watch Hublot






No comments:

Post a Comment