18 Jul 2014

Hashtag Ramadan


R-A-M-A-D-A-N! I just love this period of the year: I like to see all members of my family gathered around the table waiting for the Imam on TV to announce the start of Iftar. Then everyone takes a cup of milk and a date (a fruit) and by pronouncing the word Bismi'llah (in the name of God), starts eating. I think everyone loves Ramadan because even though it is sometimes hard to fast during the day (especially to those who work full-time), the whole experience is just mystical and unique (like it is Christmas for Christians, for example). It feels blessing!

The best part of the Iftar is the dessert and my favourite sweet is called Zalabia. So, in honor of Ramadan and this yummy sweet, I went all around Sousse in search for the "best Zalabia in town" and...[drum roll] Mr. Hassan makes and sells the best Zalabia I have ever tasted in my whole life! Walking down the Main Street of Hammam-Sousse old town, I came across this small and humble shop, where Mr. Hassan and his assistant work to make a living. They were very welcoming: they let me enter the back of their shop and showed me how they produce their sweets...and let me tell you, they're De-licious!!!








Outfit Details:
T-shirt Pinko
Leggings Calzedonia
Shoes Timberland
Bag Miu Miu
Sunglasses Céline






No comments:

Post a Comment