9 Jan 2015

The Right Foundation?



Hey Girlz, I hope you enjoyed your holidays and welcomed the new year 2015 with a big smile! In the past few days, I was really surprised to receive so many enquiries about the best foundation for a certain type of skin.
Before I begin discussing this subject, I would like to make clear that I am not a certified expert in cosmetology, but I read a lot about everything that concerns beauty and makeup and never miss the chance to consult professional makeup artists on new products and techniques. So, I am here to share with you all the knowledge that I gained from experts as well as from my personal experiences.

It happens to be everyone’s concern to leave the house looking flawless. For a beautiful makeup application, a healthy skin is the starting point; then comes after the right foundation, which can be tricky to get right at first attempt. From powders to tinted moisturizers, there's plenty of formulas and finishes, but also different techniques to apply them. Nevertheless, you can get very close to the perfect match, if you consider the following points:
  • What’s you skin type? (Normal, Oily, Combination or Dry)
  • Do you have to deal with any skin flaws? (Wrinkles, Blemishes, Fine Lines, etc)
  • What’s your skin tone? (Warm, Cool or Neutral)
  • What look do you crave? (Matte, Dewy, Natural, Even)
In my case, for example, I have a dry and sensitive skin that needs to be hydrated and protected from ultra-violet radiations. My skin tone is medium/cool and I have small dark spots (caused by the sun) that need to be covered. And I love fresh and dewy looking skin. So what I need is an oil-based foundation, sheer liquid formula that adds moisture and luminosity to my skin, with SPF 15 or more for protection and a medium to full coverage.

So, what are the best foundations for dry (sensitive) skin?(*)
  • Mac Mineralize Moisture SPF 15
  • Mac Studio Sculpt SPF 15
  • Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
  • Dior Diorskin Star Foundation SPF 30
  • Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus SPF 15
  • L’Oréal Paris Lumi Magique
  • Revlon ColorStay SPF 20
(*) Notice that some of the listed foundations are what I am currently using and others were only tested.

How to find the good shade?
  • You can ask the Cosmetic Sales Assistant to help you find the perfect shade for your skin tone
  • You can try www.findation.com which will find your matching based on your using

No comments:

Post a Comment