2 Feb 2015

White smile


Talking about my smile is a topic that I have been avoiding for a long time, since my teenage years. I was the only child in my family to wear braces and it sucks!
My older sister had the perfect smile ever, her teeth were strong, straight and so white! My pediatrician at the times knew it from the beginning and warned my mom that I will have problems with my teeth because of my mouth seize: It is too small! Probably my mom didn't take that warning seriously, but alas it didn't take us long to contact a dentist clinic. Wearing braces is painful itself! what worse than that? Having to wear braces at the age of fourteen: it becomes really embarrassing and annoying. Two years later, I had them taken off, but was too stubborn to continue the post orthodontic care and wear retainers. So, my front teeth moved slightly. Ok, let’s just skip this and fast-forward to my first year of university, to when my first two wisdom teeth started pushing through the gum causing me severe pain and suffering every three months for almost five years, because both teeth were impacted. I don’t know how I endured all this for so long, but I remember I was too scared to have my wisdom teeth removed. Finally, the last year I got rid of them and decided to look after my smile even more.

About two weeks ago, I went to see Dr. Karim Oued in Sousse and finally got my teeth whitened. Dr. Karim first welcomed me in his clinic and explained to me the difference between whitening, which means restoring the tooth natural colour, and bleaching, whitening beyond the natural colour. He then showed me the products he uses and told me about the different procedures, in office or at home. I chose to have my natural tooth colour restored with in-office light whitening system (laser). After three whitening sessions, I was amazed by the result achieved and got obsessed with my beautiful white smile. It’s like a dream come true and I promised myself I will drink less coffee and tea, which is quiet challenging since both are my only favourite beverages outside water.

Anyways, before my teeth looked dull and slightly yellow; but after the whitening process, they got whiter and brighter. A beautiful white smile boosts both your self-esteem and self-confidence, but also enlightens your eyes. I am so glad I got my teeth whitened, it’s undoubtedly one of the best investments I done on myself. Excuse my not very chic photos! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment